Back to All Recipes
Time: 60min Serving:6
- 1 pack of Plein Soleil Shortcrust Pastry, thawed.
- A loose bottomed flan dish – the one I used measures 12cm x 36cm.
- 250g Plein Soleil Frozen Asparagus, tough ends snapped off.
- 60g Plein soleil Shredded Cheddar.
- 60g Plein soleil Shredded Emmental.
- 75g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- 3 free range eggs.
- 150 ml single cream.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans.
- Cook at 180° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
To Make the Filling
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Gently fry the shallot and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Cook the asparagus spears in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Cool under running water and cut in half, keeping the tips to one side.
- Chop the remaining asparagus stems into dice and add to the mushroom mixture.
- Whisk together the cream, eggs and mustard, stir in the tarragon, add salt and pepper to taste.
Pull it All Together
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Spoon the mushroom/asparagus mixture into the case.
- Top with the shredded cheeses.
- Pour over the egg/cream/mustard mix.
- Top with the reserved asparagus spears.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 30 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve warm or cold in generous slices.