Time: 20 min Serving:18
- 2 tablespoons of white rice
- 10 – 12 of Plein Soleil’s frozen artichoke bottoms – the whole package
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 45 grams of minced onion
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 2 large, minced garlic cloves
- 11 grams of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 4 fresh, chopped tomatoes
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoons of turmeric
Boil the rice, uncovered, in 1 cup of boiling salted water, for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain. Put in a medium-sized bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, add onion and cook over medium-low heat for 4 or 5 minutes.
Add ground beef and sauté for about 4 minutes or until all the meat has changed color. Take the skillet off the flame.
To the meat, add the minced garlic, cilantro, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix well and add to rice. Mix the rice and meat well.
Sprinkle the artichoke bottoms with additional salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing into them. Spoon the remaining tablespoon of oil into a heavy pan or casserole and add the artichokes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced garlic, turmeric, and a little salt, plus more pepper to taste.
Add 1 cup of water or stock. Bring to simmer. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for half an hour or until artichoke bottoms are tender. Serve this dish hot, with a little of the sauce and chopped tomatoes spooned over each artichoke.