Back to All Recipes
Time: 1hr 35min Serving:8
- 3 packs of Plein Soleil Frozen Spinach, defrosted.
- 1 pack of Plein Soleil Shortcrust Dough, defrosted
- 250 grams Plein Soleil Avita Cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 100 grams salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°C.
- In a medium sauté pan on medium heat, sauté the onions with the olive oil until translucent and slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and allow cooling slightly.
- Squeeze out and discard as much of the liquid from the Plein Soleil Frozen Spinach as possible.
- Put the spinach into a bowl and then gently mix in the onions, eggs, nutmeg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Plein Soleil Avita Cheese, and Pine nuts.
- Butter an ovenproof, nonstick, 8-inch sauté pan and line it with Plein Soleil Shortcrust Dough, brushing each with melted butter and letting the edges hang over the pan.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the middle of the dough.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown and the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling completely. Serve at room temperature