Back to All Recipes
Time: 1 hr 10 mins Serving:4
- 1 pack (500g) of Plein Soleil Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- Kosher salt
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and add the oil and butter. When the butter melts, add the onion and a big pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is completely soft, about 15 minutes. (If at any point the onion looks like it’s beginning to brown, reduce the heat.)
- Add the garlic and optional red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the Plein Soleil Crushed Tomatoes to the pan. Cook at a medium simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Return the soup to the burner over low heat. Add black pepper, then taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt or pepper as needed.
- Serve in warmed bowls, as is or topped with the garnishes of your choice.